What Are Solar Panels
What are Solar Panels – Who needs to avoid burning a hole into their pockets? Start using green and clean energy products then. Most trending one nowadays is solar energy use. Consequently, to raising bills of conventional electricity and plummeting cost for solar products, the demand and consumption of solar energy are increasing. Most convenient and efficient equipment that is being used to utilize solar energy is a solar panel. What are solar panels, do you have any idea regarding this? No worries, even if you have not.
A solar panel is one of the most useful solar equipment which assists in generating heat or electricity. This is possible with the help of the ultimate source of energy i.e., Sun. The best perk of using a solar panel system is the energy source of being the most renewable nature. Sun produces such a huge amount of energy in one hour that we can utilize for 1 year. But we are able to use about .0001 of it. So you can judge the efficiency of this green energy resource.
Solar panels are the very basic element of a solar power system and can help you utilize the solar energy to the maximum. In addition to being a lucrative investment, the product has become a no-brainer for all the potential buyers due to its eco-friendly nature. Here you will get a perfect idea about what are solar panels, how it works, types, and much more.
What is a Solar Panel?
Likewise all other solar products, solar panels also perform its functions by utilizing the solar radiations. Sun produces a huge amount of energy in a day which we can use for years. And solar panels can help you squeeze the maximum out of that renewable energy resource.
Solar panels collect sunlight energy and convert it into either heat or light energy. This device is made up of different solar cells. And these cells are most probably composed of the semiconductors like silicon. These solar cells work collectively to produce a huge amount of energy for use. In addition, solar panels can help you get heat, light, and electric energy for different purposes.
Components of Solar Photovoltaic Panel System
What are the parts of a solar panel? What are solar panels made of? A solar panel is not just a solar cell collection but much more. A glass casing is there to make SPV more durable and to form a protective shield. Underneath that, an insulating and protective sheet to prevent humidity and heat dissipation is there. This insulation process will ensure the higher efficiency of the solar panels.
Next, you must know all about the solar panel (PV) system components. To get most out of this green and clean energy product, it will be a wiser move to install each and every needed component of it. Try to gather the best quality components for your solar photovoltaic system so that this can induce long-term benefits then. Enumerating below major parts of solar panel, check them out.
- Solar panels.
- Solar panel mounting system.
- Combiner box.
- Solar inverters.
- Solar charge controllers.
- AC and DC disconnects.
Types of Solar Panels
Fortunately, there are alternatives available in this eco-friendly product too. Do you know what are the different types of solar panel available in the market? Knowledge regarding this can help you find an affordable and convenient solar panel deals for you. Let us discuss here the solar panel types, scroll down to know
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels: These are the solar panels which contain single crystal silicon. Due to this single crystal structure, more space will be there for the electrons to move and generate electricity. Therefore is the most efficient and premium solar panel type among all but is expensive as well. In monocrystalline solar panels, silicon bars are cut into wafers. These are durable and most probably being used for commercial use.
- Polycrystalline Solar Panels: Due to multi-crystal or many crystal silicon, the product induces less efficient results. But perk is its affordable and cheaper price rate. In polycrystalline solar panels, in order to manufacture a wafer for the solar panel, silicon parts are melted all together. Electrons find it a little difficult to move freely among this polycrystalline solar panel cells. These solar panels are temperature sensitive and smaller lifespan.
- Thin Film Solar Panels: Here it comes the latest advancement in the field i.e., thin film solar panels. This secomd generation solar panel includes the deposition of photovoltaic thin layers on either glass, plastic, or metal. These panels contain light absorbing layers around 350 times smaller than other silicon panels. The product is highly efficient and lighter one to handle with excellent durability. These solar panels may either be composed of cadmium telluride, amorphous silicon, gallium arsenide, or copper indium gallium arsenide.
- Concentrated PV Cell: Most excellent product type is here in the form of concentrated PV cells. This ensures maximum sunlight energy reaches to almost every single cell. It’s quality features like solar tracker and cooling system ensure the amazing performance for catering to huge energy requirement.
Solar Panels – How They Work
You must be pondering what are solar panels used for? Solar panel working principle involves various steps. The combination of several solar panels forms a solar array. And this solar array can help you generate a huge amount of electricity for different uses. The product can perform its functions in the most amazing manner if you are able to buy a solar panel of the best durable quality. The positive and negative layers of the solar panels form an electric circuit to generate electricity.
Sunlight energy contains photons which when strikes the surface of solar panels let the electrons lose from their prospective atoms. Here the electrons will move from the negative terminal to the positive one. Therefore it works on the principle of the photovoltaic effect. Solar panels generate direct current (DC) electricity which is not safer to use. Here solar inverters will play a significant role to convert DC in AC electricity.
You will most probably find two major solar inverters in the market i.e., central and micro inverters. Out of these two, the micro inverter is the more efficient one. As it optimizes the performance of every single cell and single cell problem will not be lowering the overall performance in case of micro-inverter use.
Advantages of Solar Panel Use
If you are a potential solar panel buyer, this may raise your interest even more. The solar products are in huge demand in the market. And obviously, every person must switch to the use of green and clean energy products. Because of its high time to take the necessary measures to save our environment. The conditions are not hidden from anybody regarding climate deterioration. Overall this is a complete package of different benefits. Let us know the major one of them.
- Most renewable energy resource.
- Reliable and independent energy resource.
- Reduces electricity bills.
- Low maintenance equipment.
- Less carbon footprint.
- Reduces pollution from other conventional energy methods.
- Save the traditional energy resources for other uses.
- Renewable energy source conservation.
- Incentives and rebates to avail.
There can be some other benefits as well. In this way, solar panels will not only prevent burning a hole in your pockets but will also make a healthy contribution of yours towards environment protection. These products are easier to handle and manage.
In addition to the benefits, there are some disadvantages too like higher costs, the release of greenhouse gases, space consuming, and little weather dependent. But when we do a comparison, the advantages of solar panels will be more. Therefore to encounter, all these benefits choose the best solar panel contractor to install one for you.
Average Cost of a Solar Panel in India
Now there must be some sort of curiosity to know the solar panel price in India. Different companies are investing a huge amount of money in the solar products market as there are huge demand and growth in the sector. A different dealer will cost you different rates for solar panels which are almost nearby to an average solar panel price.
Although solar panels are expensive, future long-term benefits are going to mesmerize you for sure. So don’t worry about the initial bigger investment, it will give you more lucrative returns. Some environmental and residential factors can really affect the price of your solar panels.
If you are living in an area where you have to go through frequent power cuts, the off-grid PV system will be best suitable in that case. Inverter installment can be a wiser move, in that case, to store and use solar energy more efficiently. This solar panel system may cost you around Rs 1 lakh.
And you can get your solar power system within a smaller price range of Rs 50,000 – Rs 80,000. In order to afford solar panels in this price range, you can go for a grid-connected solar PV system. Here the choice will be yours to select a solar inverter or not. And the product is best suitable in the areas where there are less frequent power cuts.
So after being clear all about what is a solar panel, how it works, types, and benefits, make up your mind for this noble contribution to mankind and get the best solar panel for you. You can squeeze the maximum benefits of this clean energy product with the right contractor and proper usage. Do select the best efficient solar panel type and check the affordability as well. And then be ready to enjoy solar energy long-term and delightful experiences.